Help

I have a 99 A4 2.8
I was driving home tonight when a symbol that looked like this...(O) popped on where the radio frequency display normally shows. I looked in
the manual and there is no symbol that matches (O)
If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.
Your brakes are low, You need to change you front brake pads.
Would you know how I can disable the warning without changing the brakes? snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You tryin' ta moida someones?

I have seen brake pad wires break due to damage to the wires and the pads still had over 60% of friction material left. The light comes on because those wires lose continuity. So if the wires are connected to each other then that light should go out.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE BRAKE PADS AND SYSTEM ARE IN GOOD SHAPE THOUGH! The pads are not expensive and you can probably just install the pads without messing with the discs. ;-)

Not for "nuffin" bud, I'm working for an Audi dealer for about 5 years now, I've only seen that wire brake twice with plenty of meat, its a posibility but not likely. Jack dont be Cheap, replace the brakes, even if the sensor is broken and brakes are good.
dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:

Would you know how I can disable the warning without changing the brakes? snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Would you know how I can disable the warning without changing the brakes? snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Jack wrote:

Why would you want to do something so monumentally stupid?
If you can't afford to get your brakes done, maybe you should look into public transportation?
E.P.
Jack knastet inn: :

Park you car, until you are able to fix it

Thanks for all the info!
Besides anyone who drives an Audi is not cheap but nice sarcasm from all.
Cheers! Tony wrote:

Hey I am cheap and I love driving my Audi even after only 16 years of owning it! <bg> One of my cheapest cars that I have owned too! ;-)
later, dave (One out of many daves)

Jack wrote:

Stop top-posting.
*I* wasn't being sarcastic. I'm completely serious. Brakes are a primary safety system on your car, and ignoring brake warnings is dead stupid.
Which is no problem if it's just your dumb ass that gets killed. But if you take some innocent person out with you, that sucks.
Get your brakes fixed, cheapskate.
E.P.
Jack knastet inn: :

Most of the replies, mine as well, was (dead) serious ! Not sarcastic.
Do not - play russian rulette with innocent lives. Fix your brakes!
why it should be the front brake pads. not the rear ones?
Thank you! snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Becaue your rear pads do not have a wear sensor.