Help

I have a 99 A4 2.8

I was driving home tonight when a symbol that looked like this...(O) popped on where the radio frequency display normally shows. I looked in the manual and there is no symbol that matches (O)

If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Reply to
Jack

Your brakes are low, You need to change you front brake pads.

Reply to
audimannyc

Reply to
Jack

Reply to
Jack

Reply to
Jack

You tryin' ta moida someones?

Reply to
Marcus Redd

Why would you want to do something so monumentally stupid?

If you can't afford to get your brakes done, maybe you should look into public transportation?

E.P.

Reply to
Ed Pirrero

Jack knastet inn: :

Park you car, until you are able to fix it

Reply to
Frank

I have seen brake pad wires break due to damage to the wires and the pads still had over 60% of friction material left. The light comes on because those wires lose continuity. So if the wires are connected to each other then that light should go out.

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE BRAKE PADS AND SYSTEM ARE IN GOOD SHAPE THOUGH! The pads are not expensive and you can probably just install the pads without messing with the discs. ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
audimannyc

I don't mind if you kill yorself, I'm concerned about killing someone else. If you can't maintain a safe car, don't drive.

Reply to
Tony

Thanks for all the info!

Besides any> > Would you know how I can disable the warning without changing the > > brakes?

Reply to
Jack

Hey I am cheap and I love driving my Audi even after only 16 years of owning it! One of my cheapest cars that I have owned too! ;-)

later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Stop top-posting.

*I* wasn't being sarcastic. I'm completely serious. Brakes are a primary safety system on your car, and ignoring brake warnings is dead stupid.

Which is no problem if it's just your dumb ass that gets killed. But if you take some innocent person out with you, that sucks.

Get your brakes fixed, cheapskate.

E.P.

Reply to
Ed Pirrero

Jack knastet inn: :

Most of the replies, mine as well, was (dead) serious ! Not sarcastic.

Do not - play russian rulette with innocent lives. Fix your brakes!

Reply to
Frank

Reply to
zhuzengrong