Help!

Theres something weird going on with my car. It keeps going, and wont slow down even when my foot is off the gas. It stays at about 40mph, and I have to hit my breaks hard for it to stop, which isnt normal.
Its like something is on the gas pedal, even though nothing is there. Even when i turn my car on and its in park, the RPM revs to 20. Whats going on?

20 rpm.............hmmmm.............sorta like my old BSA M20 at full speed.............one spark every lamp post.
sounds bad and you need to stop driving whatever it is instantly