help: lower control arm on A4

hi all
car: 97 R-reg A4 1.8 138k miles
2 years and 15,000 miles ago, i had the problem with front lower control arm bushings on my car, causing it to groan and squeak everytime i hit a bump or
turn the wheel. had both front ones replaced - oem part
Now the problem is back! only on left side at present.
question is: can i just replace the bushings w/o changing the whole arm? will this be an MOT failure in the UK?
thanks to all
Avi wrote:

Are you sure it's the bushes? I thought it was the balljoints seizing up that usually causes A4 creaks.
thanks chris....
it may well be the balljoints... i am not particularly sure myself.
but would you expect it to seize up so soon under normal conditions?

arm
bump or

Nope can't replace bushings and ball joints separate from arm : (
OTOH
Common problem with the A4. Drill the nylon with small drill and inject grease with a needle point attachment for grease gun. Use needle adaptor for gun to inject grease into the rubber ball joint boots.
Tony '91 100Q 5spd Son's '98 A4 2.8 Tip BTDT
Avi wrote:

I can confirm that that will work, although mine were replaced under warranty, a friend had the same problem, and just squirted oil into the bushes.
Mine where making noises when turning the steering, the dealer told me all 8 would need replacing, which I did not do, 87, 000 miles, the car failed the mot & only 2 where replaced by a non Audi garage, no more strange noises, think they where the bottom rear ones,
Steve.