Help needed! - Coupe central locking reversed

Hello everyone, I'm new to this group. I bought an Audi Coupe '95 a few weeks ago and it's been great (previously having had three Sciroccos).
However, this morning I came outside to find the doors unlocked. I am 100%
sure I locked them last night. Now, the central locking works bacwards. I used to turn the key clockwise to unlock and anti-clockwise to lock, which also set the alarm (alarm briefly honks to indicate it's set).
Now, clockwise locks the doors and anticlockwise unlocks and sets the alarm.
This is major problem as the alarm doesn't set when the doors are locked, and if the engine is started with the alarm set the alarm triggers.
Is there a way to reset the central locking so it's in synch with the alarm?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
John Edwards
P.S my radiator fans run all the time, is this normal or is something else wrong?

Try opening the driver door window while the door is open and leeve the window open. Your alarm is armed when the door is open, so try locking the door using the inddor safety switch. Open the door from outside and you should hopefully be in phase with the alarm.. You could also lock the door from utside and open it using the indoor safety switch or indoor handle..
Anyway I think normal operation of door locks should be to rotat clockwise to lock and counter clockwise to unlock..
best of luck with the alarm/lock problem..

If you got aircondisioning the radiator fan will run on low speed as long as the compressor is running.. This is to cool the heat exchanger that is placed in front of the radiator... If you shut of the compressor the fans should stop, and not start before the temperature sensor in the radiator starts them..
If you don't have AC thers a diffrent story.. You might find some help here: http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/trouble_shooting/cooling.html
regards
ottar t

John Edwards wrote:

manual. It will describe it.

If the air is off then it should not be on all the time. the problem could be a stuck fan relay or bad fan speed sensor on the radiator.

I've been all through the owners manual. I can't find anything related to resetting. Can you detail the steps required if you have the info?

There is no air-con. I guess I'll need to look at the above areas.
Thanks

Later on today, I looked outside and saw that the indicators were on. Not flashing, just lit up. All 6 bulbs.
They're not tied to the alarm in any way so it looks like I've got wider electrical problems :(
I had to remove fuse number 4 to get the indicators to turn off.
John Edwards wrote:

codes. A local Audi shop or the dealership could do that quickly.

If all indicators are on, I would check the emergency switch first. As this is the only switch that can engage all indicator lights at the same time.. They should go on and off though, with the indicator relay, but that may not be working?
It msy also be the alarm that triggers them, to show the car is armed...But they should go off after a fiew seconds.. If its the alarm that keeps the lights on, I would try to disconnect the battery for 30min and reconnect to see if the alarm resets to proper function.. Might also solve the problem with reversed function of door locks/ alarm. Remember to have the code for the radio ready, and remember to turn the radio off before disconnecting battery..
regards ottar t
--
Sendt med M2 - Operas revolusjonerende e-postprogram:
http://www.opera.com/m2 /