help!!! no heat only cold air

hello,
we recently bought an 1992 Audi 100 cs and have had some problems with the car alarm doing weird things and radio saying "SAFE" but thanks to this
website got them fixed.
Now.......... we have no heat - the display screen on the climate control is fading so it is hard to see. we just purchased the owners manual so now we know how to work it. (: we set the temp on high and tried all buttons but still only cold air has been blowing out of all the vents. check vacuum valve that coolant flows through and some piece between the valve and heater core there is another valve???? with a screw head seems to stop flow there. ( I dont have a repair manual but it looks like I will need to purchase one) Does anyone have any Ideas that would help??? I am trying to save $$$ and fix myself
thanks
If both lines to the heater core (to andfrom) are hot then the heater control valve is not the problem.
Likely problem is the heater flap control motor. On your car I think that it is located on the top of the drivers side of the heater fan box. Located just in front of the windshield under the hood.