HELP PLS: '84 5000 hydraulic hose

I have that 3-hose connection to the tall hydraulic fluid resevoir. The resevoir and hoses around it are all covered in fluid and I have to top off the fluid 2x a month. Finally took it to the garage. The mechanic
says I need a new high-pressure hose, although he hasn't acutally taken time to find the leak. He says all the fluid up top was blown up from below. Says this is an expensive hose to replace because the car is an '84. Any recommendations or things I should know about this? Can any hose place make this? Are there any unusual specs? parts? Many thanks for any help. -bill
Hello, BG! You wrote on Sat, 04 Dec 2004 12:26:19 -0500:
B> I have that 3-hose connection to the tall hydraulic fluid B> resevoir. The resevoir and hoses around it are all covered in B> fluid and I have to top off the fluid 2x a month. Finally took B> it to the garage. The mechanic says I need a new high-pressure B> hose, although he hasn't acutally taken time to find the leak. B> He says all the fluid up top was blown up from below. B> Says this is an expensive hose to replace because the car is an B> '84. Any recommendations or things I should know about this? B> Can any hose place make this? Are there any unusual specs? B> parts? Many thanks for any help. B> -bill
Sounds like a bad hydraulic pump to me, BTDT. Try Shokan for used or rebuilt parts for the older Audi.
With best regards, Tom Amundsen. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcastAWAY.net
Thanks, Tom, I'll ask about that.