Help, Rain water leaking into cabin of 1998 A6 avant

I am having a little trouble with water soaking the carpets ( when its raining) on the passenger side of my A6. It sis coming from the windscreen!

I cannot understand how the windscreen water drains away. At the moment the bulkhead around the battery is filling up with water.

Can anyone tell me if there is a drain hole below the battery. If there is then I suspect mine is blocked! If not can someone tell me how the rain water drains away from the bottom of the windscreen

Steve

Reply to
sag

I had exactly the same problem.

The drain from the plenum chamber IS under the battery. Its probably blocked with stuff from the trees as mine was. To remove the battery you need to do a fair bit of wiggling and pull/slide it towards the pollen filter. You may have to remove the battery tray as well. I thought Germans were good at designing cars but this is a pain.

Cheers

Reply to
Paul

Common problem on the A6 model. Check at the bottm of the windscreen, and you will see that the windcreen is sealed with a moulded black plastic strip. This sometimes detaches from the windscreen allowing water to seep through.

This then travels down through the aircon filter and collects in the footwell on the passenger side.

It should be possible to "snap" this trim back on. It eventually came off again on mine, I am waiting for a replacement.

Reply to
Uphill DownHill