HELP! Replacing S4 brake pads...I'm stuck!

Greetings,
I've removed the wheel and the spring clip. I've found the black cap on the upper and lower sections of the calipers and I pulled the caps
off. AudiWorld seems to indicate that I need a 7mm hex key to remove a couple of bolts under the caps to separate the calipers and get to the pads. When I insert the hex key, it seems like there is nothing to turn (i.e. the hex key doesn't seat into a bolt head). What am I doing wrong? I've tried different sized hex keys to no avail.
TIA!!!
Elroy 2000 S4
On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 19:53:38 GMT, daytripper

Ah...any idea on size?
Elroy
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 03:36:54 GMT, daytripper

Thanks for the info. Much obliged...
Elroy 2000 S4
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 03:14:57 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@seedy-impaler.com wrote:

Don't you have an inspection mirror, so you can see whether they're allen or Torx?
They're allen on a 1997 A4, if that counts. :)