Hey, Tha

Read it.
Subject: Re: Quattro Expense From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.comPirate (Dave LaCourse) Date: 1/8/2004 5:44 PM Eastern Standard Time
Tha Ghee writes:

(?) I don't know where you live, but you are either misinformed and/or stupid. Oil changes here in New England cost the same, regardless what kind of a car. The Quattro drive has absolutely nothing to do with an oil change.

Apparently you haven't been reading this thread, or if you have, you have a reading impairment. Everyone has given testimony that Quattro never fails. It is bullet proof. I rallied two different Quattros over some miserable roads at speeds that would scare the hell out of you, with never a Quattro failure. In fact, I have never even *heard* of Quattro failing.
There is traction control that's

I'll tell ya what, Bunky. You get in your track-sheon control car, and I'll get in a beat to crap Audi Quattro, an old 130 bhp wheezer, and we'll race on some*ICE*- using the same kind of tires. At the end of the day, you'll believe in Quattro.
never said that the tires have premature wear rotate them

Rotate your tires with your front driver. Quattro drivers do too. However, the skins on your front tires are going to wear a helluva lot faster than the tires on a Quattro. While it is true that the rear tires of a fwd receive less wear, the fronts receive twice the wear of a Q. You'll end up buying four tires for you fwd about the same time I'll buy four for my Qs.
Dave
My emphasis on "ice" above, just so that you can read it better.
Ta ta. Dave
http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

grewatson aka Ghee writes:

Oh, we know, we know. You don't know it, however. So, guess you will have to look back at what your server has saved. Twit! Dave
http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Like this: http://tinyurl.com/22479
Pete

<snip>