hi 97A8 4.2 q intermittent ABS warning light

97 Audi A8 on short trips the abs warning light will come on without even pressing the brake pedal. how do i dertemine which sensor is causing the
fault please

You need to use a VAGCOM...... http://www.ross-tech.com/

If the rear brake disks are of the same type as the 97 Audi A6 I would guess its the abs ring on the rear wheel hubs that are corroded. That is what happened to our 97 A6 when I had this problem a year ago.
The dealer usually change the abs ring (sits on the bearing hub) when they change the rear disks, as they are known to go bad. I however got the disks changed by an independent workshop, which failed to do this, so two years later I had to change the whole lot again.
On the 98 and later A6 the rear disk and hub are made in one piece, so the abs ring get changed every time you change the disks.
--
regards

Ottar T