High Mileage Service ?

My '98 A6Q wagon has almost 140K miles on it and hasn't been serviced in a while. I am wondering what service is necessary. I have the maintenance schedule book but it only goes up to 90K (miles). So I guess I will repeat all of the 15K, 30K, 45K and 90K items. Anything else? I learned from a post I saw here a while back that the "front arms" should be checked at around 75K. I don't find mention of "front arms" in the maintenance items. Are "front arms" also called "tie rods"?

This has been a great car and I would sure appreciate any help you give me to keep it that way.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
eBob.com

Front arms, would prob be wishbones, lowers ones tend to go on A4's maybe A6's as well, you know if there gone, you will hear a clunking noise when you go over uneven ground

Reply to
Ron

eBob, One thing we recommend to our customers with higher mileage vehicles is a can of 44K annually. 44K isn't some weak over the counter garbage you get at the gas station. It's a professional strength fuel injection system cleaner. Carbon build up and deposits build up with use and can cause poor idle, poor fuel mileage, and hesitation on accel. at 140K you'll be doing yourself a favor buy adding a can to your fuel tank.

you can purchase it reasonably at

Happy Motoring!

Reply to
paddington