HKS Turbo Boost Controller - What is it / How does it work?

I just saw one of these things for sale on ebay. I was wondering what this thing is and how it works? Does anyone have any experience with this device?
Do they actually give you 25 + HP!?
Looking at the pics, just seems like a flow valve of some sort ?