Hood/Bonnet warning on DIS

I've just noticed that when my bonnet/hood is open there is no indication on the DIS like when the trunk/boot is open.
Is this normal or do I have a faulty switch.
Audi A4 2.8 Quattro 2000(W) Model UK
Thanks
Richard
Surely someone knows if they open there bonnet the Driver Info System Car symbol indicates the bonnet is open ??
Thanks
Richard