Horn

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. My horn isn't working and I think its either the horn relay or the horn contacts in the steering wheel. I need to know where to find the horn relay and how to take
apart the steering wheel in order to access the contacts.
txs.
I have a similar problem. The horn doesn't work when I lock the car with the remote. That led me to the conclusion that it's not the contact on the steering wheel, but either the relay or the horn itself.
I would also like to know where the horn is located.
Alan
--
alanbazzaz
alanbazzaz wrote:

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 23:51:09 -0500, alanbazzaz

There's a horn for honking and a different horn for the alarm system. One is under the bonnet and is not connected to the alarm; the other is behind the driver's side rear wheel and is not connected to the steering wheel...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd
Both horns are not working... what does that tell you?
I've looked under the bonnet and could not locate it. Can you direct me to the location and how to get to it?
Thanks a million
--
alanbazzaz
Should be in front of the front right tire possible hidden by the lower engine shield if an A4 or most other Audis. Accessed from below! These are the main 2 horns that only work with the ign on and good fuse and relay. ;-)
Horn for the alarm location was already described as being in the trunk area on the left side on the A4. Mine sounds really weak/lame! I wonder if I could replace it with an alarm siren. 8^o
--
later,
dave

Your car actually has two horns - High and Low Tone Horns - located under the two headlights. Considering what a Royal Pain In The Rump it is to extract those, it's hard to believe you lost them both to theft...