how can i get more hp from 97 2.8 Q A4

Hi. does anyone know if the 1.8T turbo charger can fit on a 97 2.8? if not, is there a turbo for the 2.8? Also, is there a chip for the 2.8? stock is 170 hp whats the cheapest and easiest way to get it to ~215?
Thanks Imad

Having owned one of the above vehicles I finally decided the only way to keep the things I liked about the 2.8 and get more HP was to trade it in for a 3.0 (which is what I did). There is only 1 upgrade I know of, and it is a bit extreme, a PES Supercharger kit which boosts the HP by about %50. It is NOT quiet, nor is it cheap, but it is very well built.
http://www.europeancarweb.com/features/0306ec_pesa4audi /
Why do I like the 6cyl more than the 1.8T? 1) Most of my driving is in slow commute on I-5,I-90, and I-405 in Seattle. The low-end torque of the 6cyl allows me to have a manual transmission without lots of commute shifting. 2nd gear allows me to move easily anywhere between a crawl and 40mph without clutching. 2) I change cars frequently (right now I lease), and the 3.0 outperforms the 1.8T in stock form. I don't want to have to deal with the potential warranty and lease issues of chiping my car. 3) Going up to the pass I can leave the car in 6th while still having the torque to do strong passes.
Downside? The 1.8T is much more tunable for fun on the track. My 6 cyl is a bit too boring on track days.
My solutioin? Hopefully an S4 when this lease is up next year.
Scott
Same question here.... does anyone know if the 150hp 1.8t can be chipped up to 210, and what other mods might be required? Is the Jetta/Golf 1.8t essentially the same engine?
</PRE> <BLOCKQUOTE type="cite"><PRE wrap="">Hi. does anyone know if the 1.8T turbo charger can fit on a 97 2.8? </PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=""><!----> Many things are possible, but whether there is any benefit, or whether it is going to be cost-effective are entirely different questions. I would think that there would be little point in adapting the 2.8 (12 valve?) engine to take a single KO3 turbo.
</PRE> <BLOCKQUOTE type="cite"><PRE wrap="">if not, is there a turbo for the 2.8? </PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=""><!----> There is/was a company (PES url:<A class=moz-txt-link-freetext href="http://www.pes-tuning.com ">http://www.pes-tuning.com </A>) producing a supercharger kit for the 2.8 30 valve engine at a price of $5000. Installation is likely to cost a fair few dollars on top.
</PRE> <BLOCKQUOTE type="cite"><PRE wrap="">Also, is there a chip for the 2.8? </PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=""><!----> There are chips for the 12 valve and 30 valve engines, but you're unlikely to get a significant power boost from simply chipping a normally aspirated engine. However, you may gain a significant improvement in smoothness and driveability. You would need to perform other mods (including a change of camshaft profile) to gain much more power. I don't know of anyone offering alternative profiles for the Audi V6.
</PRE> <BLOCKQUOTE type="cite"><PRE wrap="">stock is 170 hp whats the cheapest and easiest way to get it to ~215? </PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=""><!----> 170 hp? Yep, that sounds like the old 12 valve motor. Easiest and cheapest way to get close to 200 bhp+ is to exchange your car for the later 30 valve model (193bhp stock, chipping should get you over 200bhp), an S4 (250bhp stock in US/Canada), or a 1.8T (150bhp-180bhp, depending on age/model, which can be chipped to 210bhp, or so).
</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML> ------=
For the 1.8T the engine is similar but the mounting and ECU is different.
There is no chip for the 97 2.8 12V. It has a Hitachi ECU that is not programmable.
Mods are intake, exhaust, throttle body and MAF. Checkout the 12V forum on Audiworld . Look for postings by Usr4.
http://forums.audiworld.com/12v/pages/1.phtml
</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML> ------=