How do I i.d. A4 sport suspension?

I need quick help from an expert:

I am about to buy a 2001 A4 Avant quattro whose seller claims it has "Sport Suspension".

Is there a sure way to tell externally if the car has it? (I would like to avoid flying to inspect the car in another state unless a friend can visually verify the suspension beforehand)

Someone mentioned the color of the struts being different for sport/non-sport ? How about anything certain I can trust? Someone else mentioned, that the sport leather steering wheel with the red badge was always part of the sports package?

Quick help would be appreciated- I am to fly to see the car in two days.

Thanks. GM

Reply to
Klaus Heyne

If your in the states then apparently the A4 with sport package has RED shocks, its not the same over here,

Rule of thumb if you can get you foot under the arch between the tyre and the wheel arch then its non sport :)

You will know by looking at it from the back, you can see if its high or not.

The Steering wheel is not a sign of sport package, I think it is in Europe but its an option in states

hth

Ron

Reply to
Ronny

Reply to
Roger

If you put the VIN number in at the My Audi section of the audi web site it will give you the car's details and equipmwnt.

Reply to
JPB357