How it happened that Audi has now the ugliest front amongst the modern cars?

Page 1 of 2
How it happened that Audi has now the ugliest front amongst the modern cars?
I'd like to buy a new Audi again but I cannot stand the ugliest ever front
appearance of that car. Any idea WHY Audi changed the grill at the front?
http://blogs.motortrend.com/6202776/car-news/audi-s5-makes-early-appearance/index.html
I think you're ****ing crazy!!!
--
musky hunter
I didn't think much of it initially, but it is FAR better than the previous ones and has a very agressive look to it.
You do get used to it.

I agree. I have a 2003 A4 and would like to get another at some point, but that grille is really ugly.
Looks like some James Bond car now. Some people will love it and some will hate it!
Not too bad, but I prefer the look of my '97 Audi A4.s front!
wrote:

I agree. I have a 2003 A4 and would like to get another at some point, but that grille is really ugly.
On Sun, 24 May 2009 09:42:51 -0500, "dave AKA vwdoc1"

I agree with the OP.

I agree with you. I have a 2004 A6 2.7T S-Line and I'd have a hard time buying a newer A6 - The old style just looks so much better. Audi should have used evolution rather than evolution in the grill design. I admit that there is some evolution occuring in the grill each year -- it is looking better, looking wider rather than excessively tall like a locomotive front, but I still like both the entire Audi line pre-cow catcher grill.
wrote:

I agree. I have a 2003 A4 and would like to get another at some point, but that grille is really ugly.

otoh...I rolled along with a red S5 this week and I have to say it was gorgeous from all angles. I was *almost* jealous, until it dropped off to make a fuel stop. That V8 does give one pause as the fuel prices continue to climb...

Audi's architecture and style is quite nice, but front grill is odd and in my view is not technically justified even. It looks heavier than the composition of the style requires. Definitely I prefer the old front style to the new one.
"AUDI" do you read this?
You guys are forgetting to add "IMO" at the end of your posts!
--
afretes

You're right: IMO
i love how they look. IMO
--
vgorous

Seems to me a bit of the "All road" look. Nothing wrong with it imho ;-) See also the Q5 custom: <http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/940/Autonieuws/article/detail/859355/2009/05/19/Audi-Q5-Custum-Concept-408-paarden.dhtml See, almost the same line...
acura's front clip is the uglyest . i guess unless u like transformers alot .
--
k1e1v1i1n
k1e1v1i1n;111517 Wrote:

I totally agree. It looks like they slapped a stainless steel frying pan on the front. Audi's have an elegance about them. I notice everybody looks at a BMW when it drives by thinking "Man, that guy must be rich". Then an AUDI drives by and they think "Man, that's a nice car."
Point is, it's not about a status symbol with Audi. It is the quaint Bruce Banner until you step on the pedal and make it angry.. out comes roaring the Hulk.
(IMO)
--
OH9EH4
^ +1
John Smith wrote:

http://blogs.motortrend.com/6202776/car-news/audi-s5-makes-early-appearance/index.html

Have you ever thought that the reason AUDI is selling cars when others aren't, is because most AUDI buyers do like the front.
Buy something else.

The point was - that Audi being such a good car in technical terms, has ugly design of the front.
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009, John Smith wrote:

Personally I think it is the nicest front end they have ever had.
-s
Steve Thompson wrote:

As do I.