how much damage this would make?

Hi: Today, Friend of mine try to drive my MT a4 1.8T Q. He was going to shift gear from 3 to 4. but he shift it in to 2!!! It was like 50km/hour. the car had a big shake and tires made some snoize. I am
wondering how much damage wound coz by this? Or just some wear out? Thanks!
ming
Shifting into 4th at 50km/h ???? That is likely to cause more wear... I don't think it has made any damage to your car... Are you sure you weren't closer to 50mph ??
--
Alexandre
2001 Audi A4 2.8QM

*31 mph* in second gear is hardly going to overrev the engine. I bet you can hit 50mph in second gear without redlining (I know I can hit over 60mph in 2nd and still not reach redline on my S4).
Other than perhaps slightly flat-spotted tires ;-) there shouldn't have been any repercussions...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd