How to get a Audi Radio to work?

My daughter just got a 1990 audi 80 thru a private deal, and the radio dosen't work. She called a dealer an was told they couldn't help her , as theres hundreds of codes to get the radio to work again and they
have no way of knowing witch one will work. Did she just talk to an uneducate guy, or is this true? I did a search on the net and newsgroups for an answer, and found someone else with an audi 80 and they said to look on the left side of the car in the trunk, near the spare tire for a sticker with the code on it. I found the sticker but it dosn't say anything about radio codes. Can Anyone out there help?
Thanks tim
Many people put the code in the owners manual / service record.
--
Kind Regards
Christopher Roberts

Thank You all very much.
n Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:00:58 GMT, "eBob.com"