How to get a Audi Radio to work?

My daughter just got a 1990 audi 80 thru a private deal, and the radio dosen't work. She called a dealer an was told they couldn't help her , as theres hundreds of codes to get the radio to work again and they have no way of knowing witch one will work. Did she just talk to an uneducate guy, or is this true? I did a search on the net and newsgroups for an answer, and found someone else with an audi 80 and they said to look on the left side of the car in the trunk, near the spare tire for a sticker with the code on it. I found the sticker but it dosn't say anything about radio codes. Can Anyone out there help?

Thanks tim

Reply to
tim brown

Many people put the code in the owners manual / service record.

Reply to
Christopher Roberts

Audi maintains a database. Contact an Audi or VW dealer. I forget if you need the VIN or the radio SN. Maybe both.

Good Luck, Bob

Reply to
eBob.com

Thank You all very much.

n M>Audi maintains a database. Contact an Audi or VW dealer. I forget if you

Reply to
tim brown