How would you clean leather?

The leather steering wheel on my A4 has got a bti sticky. What have people found the best to clean one without bleaching the colour or leaving a residue?

Use ordinary toilet soap - the stuff you wash your face with - and a *damp* - not wet - cloth, rinsing it frequently. For stubborn stains use a nail brush. Avoid getting it any more wet than necessary. When dry, use some hide food. Then polish with a clean cloth.
--
*If work is so terrific, how come they have to pay you to do it?

Oxyclean will get all stains out and annoying stickicky shiz On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 09:31:40 +0100, Dave Plowman

Saddle soap (which, unsurprisingly, you can buy from equestrian supplies shops) is excellent. Nowadays it's available as a solution as well to save the elbow grease. Those kinds of shops will also have leather balm to nourish dry leather.
One quick Google search and here's a UK mail order supplier:
http://www.tds-saddlers.com/ProductDetails.asp?PCLinkID '34
http://www.tds-saddlers.com/ProductDetails.asp?PCLinkID900
--
Remove Xs to reply direct

I'm not sure, I'll ask my wife when she comes in.
swash

Definitely agree with Steve there ...........saddle soap is the best

Is it also good for the seats and the rest of the interior leather?

Use Meguire's medallion leather care or 303 Protectant. 303 is the best on everything. You can buy it at walmart. autopia-carcare.com is the cheapest. I'm a car detailer and I buy gallons of it. I use it on Porsche's and Lamb's

Try www.lexol.com/
The stuff is probably available at your local ice rink.
Ken

<http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_1000&L2=L2_1006&SKU 535>