HVAC Fan

The HVAC fan on my A4 seems to be acting funny. When in manual mode (fan set to "man") it will keep changing after 5-10 minutes of driving (one or two
bars). This happens in winter or summer, with and without the AC running. "AUTO" is not displayed on the climate control, so it shouldn't be in fully automatic mode.
Does this happen to everybody else's Audi? Or is it just me?
Thanks,
Romy '98.5 A4Q