I did it!

I could not resist. I went into the shop to buy a beautiful Oyster Grey A8L, and left owning (on Friday) a Silver/Ebony RS6. I managed to sell my 2000 A6
4.2 for almost the book's retail price (gotta love my son-in-law). That was key to buying the RS6. I expected to pay the sticker price, but my wife suggested that we should get something off because this is our fith Audi. They agreed and chopped a grand off the top. Hey, it works for me.
I wonder how many "get-out-of-jail-free cards" I have left..... Dave
http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html
On 22 Oct 2003 01:13:18 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comPirate (Dave LaCourse) wrote:

Very nice, Dave. I knew you weren't Merc material. But your motor home is really gonna be bored to tears for sure, now ;-) And what is your SIL going to do with your/his old S4?
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd, can't wait to hear about your next run-in with The Law ;-)
DT writes:

I believe his son has dibs, although his brother shows some interest too. So.....(??)

Yeah, well, now that I'm retired from the performance driving school, my "cards" are few. I might have to go back to teaching, which ain't a bad thing either. d;o) Dave
http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comPirate (Dave LaCourse) wrote:

Dave - congratulations on your new purchase. The A8 is a fine car, but the RS6 is miles more fun!
Have we seen you over on the RS6.COM board yet? It's a very friendly forum.

I've avoided trouble so far, but have had a couple of anxious moments! Police in the UK have taken to installing speed cameras in innocent-looking white vans and even in ambulances. Self-restraint is difficult in a car as capable as the RS6, but its saving grace is that few people expect a large estate (or even saloon - it's a pity you guys in the states don't have the option of the Avant) to have such levels of performance.

Wow, That's incredible! You walk into a dealer and find they have an RS6 sitting in stock, waiting for you to buy it?
Where are you located?
My dealer in NC won't be getting any, and the delaer in Atlanta had 16 deposits and only 8 cars came in.

I'm not certain which dealer Dave got his at (maybe the notorious Pass & Weiss) but either way it was in Massachusetts. And *my* Massachusetts Audi dealer (Bernardi's in Natick) has a few RS6s available, on the premises...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd