I saw an A6 2005 today

It seems to be an Euro-spec demo car for American market. It was blue, 3.2L manual, no sunroof, no leather not even sure if it was Quattro. With a license plate from Michigan (carmaker specified). At Audi Lauzon, Laval,
Qubec.
Why do they use a car so different from US specs to promote it? I don't even think that the manual will be offered!
The car has not the same elegance as its predecessor; a bit too generic to my taste.

At present, only the manual is being offered in the UK with the 3.2 fwd. A multitronic option is being introduced next month.
The 3.2 quattro currently comes with tiptronic - a manual will be offered sometime next year.

Saintor wrote:

IIRC the initial US offering will be Tip-only, Quattro-only.
-- Mike Smith

With
Laval,
The same car must be making the rounds. Because here in Minneapolis they showed a car of the exact same description about 10 days ago.

While I found it more attractive in person than in photos, I tend to agree with the "generic" assessment (which says something about what I thought of the photos).
Rob