I want a new sound system in my 01' A4.

I am fed up with my sound system sounding like I am in a tunnel. I try to adjust the knobs and nothing will work. It just sounds like crap. How do I find a better system for my car without having to replace the whole thing. Does anyone know what size speakers I would need and what is a good brand?

Reply to
Laskinns

"Laskinns" wrote

Have you tried playing with the hidden equalizer? I found it actually helped quite a bit as I was able to keep the highs/mids in the front and push the bass towards the rear speakers which handle bass slightly better. Other than that, you could add a subwoofer in the trunk to improve the low end. Maybe if you tell us your budget, someone will recommend something. If I'm not mistaken, then OEM speakers are 4" up front (with 1" tweeters in the top of the doors) and 5.25" in the back. Even if you replace them with aftermarket ones, they'll still severely lack bass, hence my subwoofer suggestion.

Pete

Reply to
Pete