Idea: Paint the B6 A4 grill to reduce it's apparent size

Here's a before/after GIF animation showing the chrome and cross bar painted to reduce the "joker face" appearance of the stock B6 A4

If I buy one, I'll probably have it done. Looks too much like a Chrysler product otherwise. =20

(I also posted this to the Audiworld B6 forum, but I thought I'd do it here to for those who don't use AW.. )

Doug Warner

Imo... Audi got the 8 and the 6 right this time - those are both awesome cars to behold.

But they missed the mark on the 4. Not by a lot, but by enough to matter. That beak just doesn't down-scale well, apparently. And the wiggle in the outside lower quadrant of the headlights detracts from the look (though thinking about that now, perhaps the word is "distracts" - takes the eye off the beak and pulls it to the headlights).

It'll be just so much "flavor of the month", I think. No legs.

By contrast, there are classics with staying power. eg:

daytripper

Well, IMHO, I like the look overall, and think it works better on the smaller carrs (A4, A3) than the larger (A8). But I do think they could have done a better job on the rear - a little too generic/Honda on the A4, a little too Saturn on the A6.

Oh, and it's a B7 now....

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

What's wrong with the grill on the B6?

I'm beginning to get used to the grill on the B7, now that it is becoming a more sight. The numbers of A3s, A4s and A6s with the new one piece grill are increasing on the roads here in the UK.

Reply to
Peter Bell

i painted the chromed border around the grill the same color as the grill and it makes the car look different

the grill appears much bigger than it did before and it was a 20 minute job with not so much money...

sanding the chrome was tough tho..

Reply to
ipop07