Importing from Europe to UK

Hi,
I'm interested in the new 2 litre TDI A3 with DSG but getting a used one is proving nigh on impossible (hardly surprising I suppose considering how new
they are). So I was thinking of buying a new one but the prices in the UK are still a bit on the high side for me. Is importing one still financially viable? Any experiences or websites?
Thanks in advance

For your information, UK is in Europe.
Ronald

This is not helpful. How about Ireland then> Scotland? Can you tell us something about import duties from the EU to the UK? Can you tell us about what Europe really means to Asia? etc

Denmark. In those countries taxes are high so car manufacturers sell them cheaper to them.
It's hard to find a dealer who will sell you one though. On the other hand if you find one, you'll be European again since European law dictates that the warranty should be Europe wide.
Ronald
To a Brit, Europe starts on the other side of the Channel.
Tony Ottawa (Brit ex-pat)

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Tony wrote:

And to mainland Europeans, that's where Europe stops :)
To the topic, what about left-hand drive? Isn't that a problem?

It would be yes, but it is possible to import a right hand drive car so I discounted that as not a problem :-)

Marginally, at best.

Can't tell you current prices, but my TT was imported from Holland.
I used a company called InterCar (www.intercar.nl) - they have a physical presence, and a good reputation. They apparently do an awful lot of cars for squaddies..
Best thing is to ask for a quote; note that you will have to add VAT at 17.5%, payable directly to HMC&E. I used TTT Moneycorp for the transfer of funds (RBS apparently now offer a good over-the-counter service for an International Money Order)
Personally, I found the experience a *lot* easier than dealing with a UK-based BMW dealer..
--

Hairy One Kenobi