Insulation sagging off 2007 A3 firewall

Yesterday I noticed that the firewall insulation was sagging off the bottom of a horizontal beam. I took my car to the dealership to ask them if any clips or panels had fallen off during normal use or had been lost in recent recall repairs.

The service manager said that there's no clip. He said the insulation is supposed to be a rigid part but it has gone soft from water. It does in fact cover drain holes. He suggested tape to fix it.

It seems odd that a car would have such a dumb problem. I've Googled for engine compartment pics but haven't found one that's clear on the area. I've put photos of mine online. Does anyone have a 2007 A3 3.2 quattro to compare to?

There's an improvised clip in these photos. Without it, the insulation panel below the clip flops around.

Kevin McMurtrie

Not sure why you bother posting here if you won't see Group replies..... But I would check in Audiworld, in the A3 forum.

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58