Is this a record?

My 1994 Audi 80, has not needed a single light bulb changed (external or internal) since it was bought 12 years ago...is this a record???
O.

I'm impressed, especially if you've actually been driving it and at night, too!
Of course, he doesn't say how many of them are actually burned out, just that he hasn't replaced any!! ;-)
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Read it again Dano, "has not NEEDED a single light bulb changed". None are burned out, they are all working perfectly. My local mechanic just did my yearly service and said he had seen nothing like it. Quality car, love it to bits. O.
Sorry, was trying to make a joke. ;-)
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Probably need 3 engines though!!!!

Haha not likely....not like the new Audis..or so I've heard. O.

Ask your mechanics to check the generator voltage, it might be very low.
Greetings Aksel
Oslo, I dunno, apparently there's a light bulb at Thomas Edison's estate that is still working from his days....of course, it hasn't been bumping over potholes, etc. I find that amazing that all of the filaments are still good, though I'd bet there'd be at least 1 instrument or switch illumination bulb burned out. Of course, now that you've said it.......(you'd better be knocking on some wood).... Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ - lotsa lights burned out, and replaced, and burned out, (repeat ad nauseum) 1980 Audi 5k - ditto 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes - dunno how many lights have been burned and replaced.... (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

Here is the world's oldest continuously buring lighbulb.
http://www.energyquest.ca.gov/time_machine/centennial_lightbulb.html
Aaron, wow - thanks for the link. a whole web site including a "bulb cam" - isn't the internet great? Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)