Is this Service/Repair manual any good?

Is this any good? I have Audi 100. Should I buy?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 334&itemE03700011&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **

It all depends on who makes it. If its a Bently manual on CD then its 90% a sure thing. If its anything else... its crap. I bought a mitchel repair catalog through Ebay and its essentially useless. It does have all the wiring diagrams but that's about it.
Nedavno The Scarlet Pimpernel pise:
| >Is this any good? I have Audi 100. Should I buy? | > | >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 334&itemE | >03700011&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW | | It all depends on who makes it. If its a Bently manual on CD then its | 90% a sure thing. If its anything else... its crap.
For Audi 100 '89 Bentley makes only paper manual, and something called "Official Factory Microfiche Archived on CD-ROM". What is this CD? Is it this paper manual scanned and saved on CD?
--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **

It is a compendium of the same microfiches that were photographs of the original printed manual...
Nedavno daytripper pise:
| >For Audi 100 '89 Bentley makes only paper manual, and something | >called"Official Factory Microfiche Archived on CD-ROM". What is this | >CD? Is it this paper manual scanned and saved on CD? | | It is a compendium of the same microfiches that were photographs of | the original printed manual...
English is not my native language, what is "microfiche", and what does "compendium" mean?
If I understand correctly this CD contains all that is in paper manual, with the same quality, and I can print what I want. Correct? No hyper-links? How do you navigate, how to find what you need? Does it have some application, like acrobat pdf reader or something?
--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **

Microfiche are essentially tiny photographs of printed material. The CD is loaded with images taken from those microfiche. There is precious little else, no application, no hyperlinks, you navigate the same way that you'd do so with the actual microfiche (which is to say it's a pain in the rear)...
Nedavno daytripper pise:
| >English is not my native language, what is "microfiche", and what | >does"compendium" mean? | > | >If I understand correctly this CD contains all that is in paper | >manual, with the same quality, and I can print what I want. Correct? | >No hyper-links? How do you navigate, how to find what you need? Does | >it have some application, like acrobat pdf reader or something? | | Microfiche are essentially tiny photographs of printed material. The | CD is loaded with images taken from those microfiche. There is | precious little else, no application, no hyperlinks, you navigate the | same way that you'd do so with the actual microfiche (which is to say | it's a pain in the rear)...
Thanks.
--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **

Nedavno Mike Buckley pise:
| Well, I purchased what turned out to be a Mitchell manual on cd from | eBay(not this particular trader it has to be said) - total waste of | money - avoid. However, were you in the states, with a us spec car | then perhaps it would have been worth it. As it did not cover UK spec | cars, it's not worth having. Doesn't even make a decent coffee cup mat | as it's a poor quality cd! | | As with all things - "buyer beware".
OK. Thanks.
--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **