jump-start A6

Hello,
I need to jump-start an Audi A6 wagon. But I couldn't find the battery.

have a picture of where the battery is?
from snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com contains these words:

There's a jump-start post under the bonnet near the scuttle. That's the +ve, for the -ve use the engine. It's all in the handbook.
--
Skipweasel
You are now free to do as we tell you.

For further info, the battery in my A6 is under a plastic panel near the air intake in front of the windshield. It looks difficult to access but it isn't really.
Of course, the correct method of jump starting is to first consult the Owner's manual - an excellent source of both trivial and super-important information about the car. Trivial info - like where the battery is located - Important information - like don't connect both jumper cables to the battery directly (risk of an explosion). Your local dealer will have a manual. Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
contains these words:

No more than any other way of doing it, really.
--
Skipweasel
You are now free to do as we tell you.
The battery really is under the back seat in case anyone else can't find theirs. The manual says it's under the plenum cover by the windshield but it isn't on my car. So they must have built '98 A6 both ways. An Audi dealer told me there is a positive terminal in the engine compartment that you can jump but I haven't found it yet.
from snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com contains these words:

I think you'll find that diesels have the battery in the engine bay, petrol models have it under the back seat.
--
Skipweasel
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
contains these words:

So's mine but I assumed he'd looked there!