Just fresh air?

Page 2 of 2
I must have missed something. What's wrong with pushing Auto, setting the temp you desire and leaving it alone?

Open a window? Crack open the sunroof?
Elroy 2000 S4
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 14:35:17 GMT, kylet@ s h o r e . n e t (Kyle Tucker) wrote:

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 14:35:17 GMT, kylet@ s h o r e . n e t (Kyle Tucker) wrote:

What is wrong with opening windows?
Elroy 2000 S4
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 02:59:01 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@seedy-impaler.com wrote:

Too much wind in the cabin? Wind resistance reducing gas mileage? I for one would like to have plain old fresh air in my A4 (1998) without opening windows for the above reasons and haven't been able to figure out how when temps are low (like 50F) because using daytripper's instructions I have discovered that I can't set my ambient cabin temp below 63F. The display reads LO and seems to kick in the cooling system.
I miss my 1995 VW Passat for this reason; I could get the outside air in the cabin with ease and comfort.
snipped-for-privacy@suds.com wrote:

Haven't figured a way around the one touch windows yet, huh? Farfignugen... Try just an inch or two. Not too much wind, and the cheeseburger you had for lunch would have a more adverse effect on milage. Moonroof is even better if you have one.
Stu
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:46:31 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@suds.com wrote:

Reduced gas mileage?!?! Come on now...
If you tilt open the sunroof and open a rear window about an inch, you get nice airflow. If you are concerned about messing up your hair, it won't happen...even at freeway speeds. If it gets a little too cold, just turn on the heated seats. A cool, gentle breeze with heated seats is the start of a nice drive.
Elroy 2000 S4

Yeah, I don't understand these common complaints about Audi's climate control. My Audi is the most comfortable car I've ever driven. Maybe I'm just too easy to please?
Chris
I thought a while back I read that to get outside airflow, you have to switch to the "LO" setting while having the "ECON" mode switched on. This would simply turn the fan on to direct outside air into the cabin. Or so I was told.
--

< snipped-for-privacy@seedy-impaler.com> wrote in message

It now occurs to me that the OP actually wanted fresh air without even the fan running....