Just fresh air?

Reduced gas mileage?!?! Come on now...

If you tilt open the sunroof and open a rear window about an inch, you get nice airflow. If you are concerned about messing up your hair, it won't happen...even at freeway speeds. If it gets a little too cold, just turn on the heated seats. A cool, gentle breeze with heated seats is the start of a nice drive.

Elroy

2000 S4
Reply to
elroy

Yeah, I don't understand these common complaints about Audi's climate control. My Audi is the most comfortable car I've ever driven. Maybe I'm just too easy to please?

Chris

Reply to
Chris1

To: kylet@ s h o r e . n e t (Kyle Tucker) Re: Re: Just fresh air? By: kylet@ s h o r e . n e t (Kyle Tucker) to alt.autos.audi on Tue Sep 16

2003 03:18 pm

Well duh....what do you think econ is ? Unless you raise the requested temp to above the outside and interior temp sensors you will get only outside air. Where did you think it came from?

--- Synchronet 3.10L-Win32 NewsLink 1.43 * Friends of Bill W - Raytown,MO - telnet://friendsofbillw.dyndns.org

Reply to
Kcvwdoc

2003 03:18 pm

What do those of us without an ECON button do? My 1998.5 A4 2.8 doesn't have one.

Reply to
xymergy

2003 03:18 pm

Does your A4 actually have air-conditioning? There'd be no ECON button unless you have a compressor to turn off with it...

Reply to
daytripper

Yes, it does have air conditioning. There is no button on the console that says ECON. There is a button with an odd graphic, but my owner's manual says it simply overrides the default vent settings to only the windshield and dashboard, ISTR.

Reply to
xymergy

Well, you push the snowflake button to turn the compressor off. That would be the equivalent of "ECON" in my opinion. I have the exact same car as you, works well for me on cool crisp days.

Romy '98.5 A4Q 2.8L

Reply to
Romy Singh

That's what I do, keep the snowflake off unless I want the AC, but my cabin air feels nothing like the outside air because it's so heavily influenced by the fan and temperature controls. I just find it annoying to have to constantly adjust the cabin temps to match the outside temps when all I want is for my vents to bring in virgin outside air. Yes, sometimes I open the windows, but that's not my preference.

Reply to
xymergy

I must have missed something. What's wrong with pushing Auto, setting the temp you desire and leaving it alone?

Reply to
JPF