known weakness in A4, A6, Allroad front suspension arm?

Hi, I have a 2003 2.7T Allroad.
When taking a sharp turn at low speed I hear creaking sounds (and feel them slightly through the wheel) coming seemingly from the front
suspension arm. The creaking or clicking comes from the right arm when turning left; turning right is normal so far.
This creaking has been going on for a few weeks now.
I just read in my local auto press that there is a known weakness in A4, A6 and VW Passat front suspension arms and that breakage is typically preceded by some creaking sounds. VM (and Audi?) has acknowledged the defect and replaces the lower suspension arm on affected vehicles.
Has any Allroad owner met with the same problems?
How did you deal with it?
Thanks,
--
snipped-for-privacy@apartia.fr

Have the same problem with 99 A6 - 92K miles. Seems to be intermittent so far. Audi dealer says $900 a side to replace lower control arms and links. Seems to indicate it's not a safety issue - so far. Also had a bad tie rod and tie rod end which I had them replace immediately. Also need out CV boots as they are craking and beginning to leak a bit. Thought these high cost/highly engineered machines would last longer without significant repair cost. Begining now to understand the consumer ratings for repair frequency and cost.

links.
Don't do that. You can buy the needed arms from a good parts shop (e.g. http://www.germanautoparts.com /) and find a decent shop in your area to do it. I also have a 99' A6 Q and it cost me around $400 total for one side last year.