Leaking oil filler cap?

Hi all,

I have a slight problem with my US spec '98 A4 2.8 Quatro.

It seems that the oil pools around the oil filler cap and then will drip down on to both the plastic covers and on to the head and exhaust manifold.

I've replaced the oil filler cap once, but not the rubber seal that fits under it. Is that rubber seal supposed to be sealed down?

Thanks.

Reply to
Paul Dhuse

The seal is only held on by the tightened filler cap. You can try to replace it again but it is probably a symptom of a bigger issue. You might be getting excessive blow-by on the sides of the pistons due to worn rings and high miles. If this is the case you will have the shoice of rebuilding the engine or just living with the issue.

Reply to
TonyJ

Interesting theory - but even assuming "blow by" would force oil out the filler cap, wouldn't it be predicated by a defective PVC valve?

Reply to
daytripper