Leaking something pink and oily----2k a4 1.8

Ok, help. Something pink and oily feeling leaking down the engine compartment, hitting the plastic skid-pad, moving and dripping out the front.
I may have had this issue once before, and solved it by the mechanic tightening a bolt that looked like it was encrusted in pink crusty stuff.
What could possibly be leaking out from my car. It doesn't feel like coolant---coolant feels more like water than oil, and this stuff feels like oil, but is pink.
HERE IS THE RUB: I've been trying to chase down an A/C problem. At the dealership, the A/C system is showing that it is holding the pressure, but it comes out weak shortly afterward. They have put in die in it, but cannot "find" it yet. Further, this pink stuff only showed up in my driveway when the A/C was just run for 40 minutes or so, which it hadn't been done till now.
Confusing set of variables, I know, but this sudden leak coincided with the use of the A/C system for essentially the first extended time since it was refilled a couple of weeks ago.
--
Everythinginlifeisrealative.Apingpongballseemssmalluntilsomeoneramsitupyournose.

The dye for finding AC leaks is usually red. Combine that with AC compressor oil and it sounds like your problem. If they haven't found the leak yet tell them to look at the compressor and its connections.
If you have lost that much oil in the AC system I wouldn't run it any more until the leak is fixed and the system is refilled. Running low on oil could trash you ac compressor.
Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

Tony said something like:

Excellent! At least it's a start!

I was told that the dye was something that only showed up under ultraviolet light. No?
--
Forgetthesong,I'dratherhavethefrontallobotomy...

Dye that only shows up under ultraviolet may exist but the red dye is what I am familiar with.
Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

That's G12 coolant. Feels very "slippery" and leaves pink crusts when it dries.
Rgds
Alec said something like:

I don't think that's it, or at least *all* of it. I tested the coolant mixture right away with a different finger and it feels more like water does. The thing I'm talking about feels like a pink colored motor oil.
If it is coolant, then I need to know where the oily feel comes from: perhaps it's because it dripped onto that plastic skid-pad thing first and hit the residual oil there before dripping down to the pavement. Or perhaps it picked up the oil from whatever it hit on the way down.
--
"His name was Robert Paulson. His name was Robert Paulson. His name was
Robert

Try burning some of what you found on the top of the underbody tray...

If it isn't anything that's been suggested already then check your engine mountings. I seem to remember that they are full of some kind of pink-ish gunk & they are not imune from splitting.
I.
Thomas G. Marshall said something like:

Ok, for the record, it turns out that the oily feel to it was a red herring. The radiator actually had a leak in it, so I replaced it. Whether or not this was exacerbated by a test drive is anyone's guess, but as with everything car related in my life, it is likely to be a bizarre fluke.
--
Doesn't /anyone/ know where I can find a credit card company that emails me
the minute something is charged to my account?