lifter noise all of a sudden, why???

I have a 1995 Audi with the 2.8 V6 and 150k. I just had the oil changed a few days ago, except now I get some lifter ticking noise for about 5 seconds after I start it. It's cold outside, maybe 10-20 degrees, and was before as well. I used the same Mobil 1 hi-mi synthetic that I had in it before, except this time it was 10-30 versus 10w-40 before. Any reasons why it would all of a sudden start ticking on start up after an oil change?

Reply to
Dan

Did you use a MANN filter or other good filter? Why hi-mi oil? And was that 10W-40 also a hi-mi synthetic?

BTW I run plain Mobil 1 synthetic 10W-30 in my '83 engine with 240K+ miles on it.

Or maybe that eng> I have a 1995 Audi with the 2.8 V6 and 150k. I just had the oil

Reply to
one out of many daves

It was at a German specialty repair shop I dont know what brand of oil filter they used. I love the hi-mi synthetic, I went from adding a quart of oil every 1000 miles to a quart every 5000. Mostly just leaks, the engine runs like a clock.

Reply to
Dan

I've heard that on other cars when the oil filter doesn't have a backflow valve. I haven't changed the oil filter on my Audi myself yet (looks like a serious PITA) so I don't know how the backflow mechanism works on it.

Reply to
Kevin McMurtrie

Then ask them about the ticking. I have had a MANN filter that starting leaking at a seam within 15 minutes after installation (2nd start of vehicle). I did not like that, but I guess there can be problems with anything.

Hmmmm maybe I will try that hi-mi synthetic one day! ;-)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan"

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1