Locking A4

Parked in a multistory car park recently and locked car using remote fob. Lights flashed to confirm the car was locked and I went about my business. Came back an hour later and found that I had not closed the driver's window
after I collected my car park ticket. My questions are...
1. Would an open window not eventually trigger the alarm? 2. Is there a way through VAG-COM for the car to automatically shut any open windows on locking the car.
I know that windows will close if you press and hold the lock button but I would prefer a mechanism that makes up for my forgetfulness!
United Kingdom 2004 A4 2.5TDi quattro
Regards,
-darwin mccullough

or obviously someone passes through.........well mine does if I leave the roof open. There's a switch on the drivers door pillar that can be pressed to disarm the sounder/horn only which let me leave to roof open in warm weather.
not sure on the vag-com q though
dj
AFAIK - No way to automatically cause the windows/roof to close. You can do it with the key in the lock and hold 'locked' until everything closes.
GRS

I don't think that you would really want any system that automatically closed all windows and the roof when the car is locked. If you are parking out in the sun in the summer (where the ambient temperature is above 30 C), then you definitely want to leave all the windows down about an inch, and the roof on 'tilt' to keep the interior temperature within reason. Unless you are parking in a 'high crime' area, of course. :-)

You Guys already probably know this but:
(1) You can close sunroof and roll up and down windows with remote. (2) There is a module you can splice in that will auto do anything you want.
--
http://austinmini.ositech.net