Lookin at '91 80

Hello all, this is my first time around here as I'm usually lurkin on the VW forums. Well recently I was told of a 1991 Audi 80 that looked good and I was hopin ya'll could offer any tips at what to look out for.
Its got 150K miles, its FWD, manual, but the 'ol R-12 AC don't work and he's askin $1250. The big thing I'm not too familiar with is the CIS-E III system as I've mostly dealt with my '89 Digifant Jetta. I tried googlin it and found this page http://www.uvm.edu/~avangerb/Audi/Codesb.html which explains how to read engine codes from 88-89, but only says " if you have a later model 80 please refer to Code Dumping '89-'92." but then doesn't have any more info! So if someone could please let me know for sure how to check codes on a '91 it'd be much appreciated.
Any other tips or good pages would be very helpful as this is the first Audi I'll be takin a good look at. Thanks in Advance.
P.S. Just to clear up any confusion I'm in the U.S.