loose headlight on A4

I wonder if anyone can help.
I have a '99 A4. The nearside headlight dip beam bulb holder is loose within the housing. Is there an easy way to fix this? Audi want 180 for a complete
assembly.
Regards

you could try PTFE (plumbers) tape wrapped around holder. Its heat resisting properties will prevent it melting.
Cheers,
I'll give it a go, but it's the whole housing that's loose, the one with the magnifying glass type lens. I cant see a way of getting in there.
Regards

hi, i don't have a solution, i only wanted to report my audi has the same problem. also the car vibrates a lot, audi also said the inner housing was broken, the regluator (for adjusting the height still works though)
ps mine is a 2000 a a4, 1.9tdi
let me know if the tape works :)
bai

within
complete
hi, i don't have a solution, i only wanted to report my audi has the same problem. also the car vibrates a lot, audi also said the inner housing was broken, the regluator (for adjusting the height still works though)
ps mine is a 2000 a a4, 1.9tdi
let me know if the tape works :)
bai

within
complete
Mine's a 1.9Tdi also. I suspect the housing is broken on mine too, I'll keep you posted about the tape. not yet got the headlight out. I'll leave it 'til weekend.
Regards.

Chris Potter wrote:

I don't know if this is any help, but the glass is probably removeable, in case you didn't know. Might help for access to the holder?. I was quite surprised to find replacemant glass for my A3 headlight at below 30 quid *at the stealership*.
Cheers mate,
Fixed mine over the weekend. 4 for a torx screwdriver, just removed the headlight unit and tightened the 3 screws holding the dip beam bulb holder.
180 for Audi to fix it!!! No wonder they can afford to pay someone to Hoover your car and put mints in during the service!
Interesting to know about the glass though.
Regards.