Marks on A6 Paintwork

My A6 1.8T (UK) is about a month away from running out of warranty and I have recently noticed that white patches have started to appear on the paintwork in various spots around the car. You can't wash them away but if
you rub your finger over them they dissappear but eventually come back, haven't tried t-cutting yet as I am wondering if it is a paint defect or not and would it be covered under the Audi Paint warranty. The car is metallic silver, been a great car apart from 2 sets of coils, rear sun blind, passenger window motor and new multitronic box (all under warranty).

not
The warranty on paintwork is -in EU countries- 3 years.
Ronald
Bob, If you can rub them off, then it sounds more like pollution than a problem with the paint. You could take the car to a paint shop and ask them what they think the patches are - check the cars that you park with as well - both at work and home. If you see the spots on them, it's time to play "find the polluter". Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

if
under