Mixing Dunlop M2 and M3 tires

This winter I will have to drive in snow. I have three Dunlop Winter Sport M2 tires. My 2001 S4 has four wheels. The M2 is no longer made. A full set of M3s would be expensive. Is it safe to use two
new Dunlop M3s with the existing M2s?
--
John Carr ( snipped-for-privacy@mit.edu)

I'm jealous. :)

That's amazing! :)

Provided they don't differ a lot in tread depth, I'd say yes.
Cheers,
Pete
Yeah, as long as the same tires are on the same axle, you should be okay. The quattro IV system - which you have - is okay with different tread depths that way. You should have similar tread depths on tires on the same axle, though. On some of the older systems they recommended that you replace tires in sets of 4....
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA