My A4 vs my old Passat

I had a 99 Passat 1.8 turbo 5 speed. I always rationalized it that I got a car that was the same as the A4 without paying for the 4 rings. Am I wrong? My 2003 Audi A4 seems to be soooo much more vehicle than my old VW.

Reply to
JJ

"JJ" wrote

There is even a huge difference betw. a '99 A4 and an '03 A4, as they're on a different production platform.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

"JJ" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

That's the 4 rings! Amazing how they do it!

Jens

Reply to
Jens

'high end' VW does not equal 1.8T A4q. I tried to de-rationalilze the A4 purchase and couldn't do it.

Reply to
Cam Newton

Then again, a Passat w/ 1.8T and Quattro (called 4Motion, but the Passat's 4Motion is the same as Quattro, rather than Haldex) costs about $3K less than a comparably equipped A4.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

Can you get the Passat 1.8T with the equivalent of an A4's Sport Package? The 8E A4's suspension is good enough to rival a Bimmer. = = Cesar Borgia =

Reply to
Cesar Borgia

Smaller trunk for one thing and the kicker was having had 2 Jetta's (19 years for both) and one Golf, I could not look thru that same shiny plastic steering wheel for 10 more years. A nicely fluffed Passat does not equal an A4 1.8q. And I loaded the A4. Mmmm. I love this car; I just need to drive it more than the 240km/wk I am doing now. Maybe I should stay home more.

Reply to
Cam Newton

Go for the A4 1.8q. There is really no comparison. And the Passat

4Motion etc is a consolation prize. BMW's are over priced and a AWD version is $$$$$.
Reply to
Cam Newton

As I understand it, no climate control, at least not w/ a 4Motion 1.8T manual. The A4 has nicer bits inside.

Reply to
Dave Lugo