N75 Valve - Open Circuit

Hello!
Friend of mine checked codes on my 97 A4 1.8 and came up with this one! I know that its teh wastegate solenoid or something, but where do i find it
on the engine? and what could the code mean? Maybe its not plugged in or not working at all?
how would i know if it doesnt work? Car should be underpowered no?

I'd expect the code to mean exactly what it says: the circuit through the wastegate solenoid is open, meaning either the wiring is disconnected somehow, or the solenoid core wiring has broken.
I don't know which way the solenoid actuates on the 1.8t (ie: is the gate normally open and closes only when the solenoid actuates - or the gate is normally closed and the solenoid opens the gate). If it's the former, yeah, you'd expect a profound lack of grunt, but if it's the latter, the power should be mostly unaffected, but it opens the possibility of over-speeding the turbo or blowing out the induction system plumbing...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd