NAV PLUS RADIO bad reception

I had my A4 2002 with nav plus radio and 6cds, for almost two years and in that time the radio reception on FM has gotten worse to the point of local stations being bearly listenable and national stations dissapearing into to absolute noise. Now, just the local radio station can be syntonised. The curious thing is some times when i turn off the NAV PLUS and turn it on again, all the radio stations come back ok again. But just about little time. Which will be the problem?

Peter Moura

Reply to
SAPO

External antenna? Typically oxid and moisture in the antenna foot. Clean and repair eletronic cicuits, seal with silicon. Or buy a new antenna.

/Alf

Reply to
Alf Friman

Hi Peter,

You dont say where you are, but I had the same problem with my UK A6 unit (satnav+TV etc)

The A6 has the aerial built into the rear screen. There is a small box of electronics that go with it under the rear parcel shelf (on a 4 door) I had that replaced under warrenty.

It went again (this is a 1999 A6) and in the end I fitted a Bosch helical aerial and reception has been great ever since!

Good luck, John.

Reply to
John West Berks

External antenna? I think its a internal antenna on back window.

No the problem is another thing...

Can any else give a try?

"Alf Friman" escreveu na mensagem news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to