need advise on buying a used 2001 Audi A6 2.7T- HELP

I can buy a used 2001 Audi 2.7T with about 40,000 miles for an attractive price. I have researched the car, and it appears that back in 2001 there were complaints about it, recalls, etcc. Of course, there are complaints on all car forums. If you own this model year, what do you think about the reliability?

Thanks- I have to pull the trigger, make my decision by next week. This will be my first Audi.

Reply to
JMurph

bump

Reply to
JMurph

Hi;

Depends on what an "attractive price" is. If you are in the US, invest $19.95 at carfax.com. You will need the VIN number. It looks like it is a turbo model so I would have a qualified mechanic check that over. The more I look at your post, I can't seem to find what model you are talking about. A4, A6, etc. I presume the 2.7T is the engine.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Bunyan

So....the Subject line "need advise on buying a used 2001 Audi A6 2.7T- HELP" doesn't give you a clue?

;-)

Reply to
daytripper

"JMurph" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

A friend of mine had huge problems with the automatic gearbox on his A6 2.7 bi-turbo. By the way, the A8 4.2 have similar problems. He had to change it after less than 100,000 km (not miles). Hope this helps.

Reply to
GT

Perhaps it is the way your friend drives or takes care of his cars. I owned a

2000 A6 4.2. Finest car I owned until I replaced it with my RS6. My son-in-law bought the 4.2 from me and it is still running very well, with about 100k *miles* on it. There is nothing wrong with Audi's Tiptronic xmsn. Dave
Dave LaCourse

OUCH! That hurt. I stand corrected. I shall go and sit in the corner now. You guys can just go and play without me.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Bunyan

Aw, don't feel bad about it - you can always blame it on Outhouse Distress ;-)

/daytripper (and say "Hello" to Blue for me ;-) '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper