Need Instuctions for installing a car bra ?

Hello Audi Fans. I purchased a Audi car bra for my '01.5 S4 from Ebay. I got it at a good price NIB however sans any installation instructions. I want to put it on before the winter gets much worse. But the last thing i want to do is have it not fit properly. Anyone with any help would be appreciated. TIA, Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

Is it a nice black bra, my usual fav. Sorry, couldn't resist...

Romy

Reply to
Romy

Here are the instructions you seek:

- fold the bra carefully

- place in the original plastic bag

- place back in the original carton

- return for refund

This will save you from damaging the paint across the hood/bonnet of your car...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

Won't the bra trap more moisture that might cause the paint to fade? But we have snow where I am!

What do you expect the bra to do?

I have heard that it should be warm so it is more flexible before you install it on a nice clean car.

dave

Bra's are for holding breasts, and thats all they need to do, why would anyone want to make the front of there car look like shit especially an S4 which looks great from the front.

If your worried about stone chips/bugs/snow just get a can of black hammerite and spray the front of your car,

ron

Reply to
Ronny

I've seen these things when visiting the US, but you just don't see them here.

I've always presumed they're for protection against stone chips, but other questions I have are:

  1. What other purpose do they serve?
  2. What's the bulge/roll thing that you sometimes see at the top trailing edge for?
  3. Why on earth would anyone consider making their car look so bad?
Reply to
Toby Groves

Or do it right and get StonGuard applied. I thought it was too expensive at first, but it has kept our cars looking very nice.

Scott

Reply to
Scott

As you said, they are intended to protect the leading edge paint from being chipped.

It is an airfoil intended to keep the trailing edge of the bra from flapping.

See item 1.

Unfortunately, there are more problems caused by using a bra than not. The most glaring is trapping moisture under the bra. You'll be hella sorry if the car ends up in the hot sun with a soggy bra, so you take to removing it before it rains and not putting it back until nice weather arrives. Which pretty much means you can't use them all winter (if you have an actual winter).

And the second huge problem is they are grit magnets. If you keep a nice wax job on your car and leave a bra on it and park it just about anywhere near civilization, air-borne grit will accumulate under the trailing edge, just waiting to be ground into the paint when you hit the highway and that trailing edge airfoil does its thing.

On that second score, take it from someone who learned the hard way, back in

1972 with a brand new 240z. The bra lasted one week, until I discovered a band of scuffed paint right under that trailing edge.

No way would I ever stick a bra on my car again...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

Return it for a refund. had one on a car once & was totally shocked when i removed it. the whole nose had petty much been sand blasted from the dust that gets trapped underneath it. i have a brand new bra for my TT that the dealer gave me & i wont even use it. its still in the sealed box where it belongs . if you've ever seen a truck bed after removing the liner.... thats what your cars nose will look like.

Reply to
T T