Need some advice about my suspension

For the last month or so I noticed that my 1995 A90 is very stiff on the road. I feel every little bump now. I know these cars are stiff but it's way too weird now. Like every time I go over something even small going 50-60 or more the car hits it hard and I can feel it. I know that usualy when shocks are gone the car bounces up and down but mine does not. But when I drive I feel like the shocks are stuck or something. All of them as matter of fact. I just wonder what the hell could be the problem ? Anyone got any ideas?

volk125@ NO SPAM hotmail.com_

Reply to
biz net

Roland B

Could be your tires which become harder during lower temeprature. I have the same thing with my Michelin high speed summer tires and I know it's time to change over to winter tyres. I don't see anything else making your car stiffer; no shocks, no bearings -which produce a different sound/feling.

Ronald

Reply to
reply

Actually I just put on my winters, Toyo Observe G-02

Reply to
biz net

I forgot to mention, when I turn right slowly I can hear some weird noise (like a squeky bed) and when I make hard right (slow) sounds like something really wrong (maybe like a broken bearng spinning or somehting).

Reply to
biz net

Did not read this extra info when answering. This looks like another problem.

Ronald

Reply to
reply

sounds like something is worn there, could be top strut mountings, your car is taking the same force each time you hit a bump, you are just noticing it more because the worn component is transferring the shock through the body, its probably more audible too. you could jack each corner up and check for wear in wheel bearings, suspension mounts etc. unlikely that the shock absorber has siezed up, you would know if it had. and you would probably be upside down in a ditch somewhere too.

Reply to
steve