New A6 3.2 Quattro

Why is this only available with a tiptronic gearbox? I think I'm right in saying you can only have a manual gearbox with a non-quattro 3.2, in the UK anyway.

Looked a lovely car in the showroom I must say.

Reply to
Alex

The execs at VW/Audi have grown so far out of touch with what the vast majority of buyers *want* these days it's scary. There's no chance what-so-ever of the new A6 making any in-roads on the territory still owned by the MB E-Class and, most prominantly, the BMW 5-Series. Based on the reviews I've seen, both from domestic mags here in the U.S. and imported mags from Europe (such as CAR and EVO), the car still isn't nearly quick enough, doesn't handle well enough, and generally lacks in the areas where it matters. Audi is fighting brands with better reputations, which carry more prestige and which have a more respectable lineage, but they refuse to take the segment seriously. It's the same poor decision making that's *still* keeping the A4 a second-tier vehicle in comparison to the C-Class and 3-Series, and why CAR and just about everyone else agrees that the BMW 1-Series will be a better class of vehicles, at least in terms of dynamics, then the MKV Golf and A3. I don't know about the European market, but Audi hasn't offered a 6-speed manual on the 2.7T powered A6 for 2 years now here in the U.S, they've never offered us a stick on the 3.0 and they won't on the new A6 3.2 either. And what about the current G35 and upcoming

535? Did Audi just forget they existed/are coming while making the decision to use a 3.2 litre mill instead of going with a more potent motor of larger displacement? The S6 pales in comparison to the M5, only the greatly more expensive RS6 can better it, and that will undoubtedly be the case again next time around. I've had a great deal of fun with my MKIV GTi, but when it comes time for another new car, it'll probably be a BMW. Audi simply doesn't seem to care what I want.
Reply to
Steve Grauman

I'm not sure of the technical reason, but the manual 3.2 quattro is being released in the UK next year.

It looks good on the road, too.

I might even replace my current RS6 when the new RS Avant is released!

Reply to
Peter Bell

Consider yourself lucky. In the US, the initial offering will be Tip-only, Quattro-only. Manual/FWD is not even an option.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

Steve,

The day that BMW remembers Customer Service ala Audi is the day I go back. There are some very important intangables that create an enjoyable environment rarely known in today's industry. The pure numbers dictate that the Ducati is a superior motorcycle, yet there are an exceedingly high number of Harley-Davidson owners that don't agree. Passion weights heavy in the heart of the enthusiast. My $0.02

Robert

Reply to
Rusty NAilz