New Audis: Lights off with ignition?

2004/5 A4: If you have the headlights turned on, do they turn off with the ignition, or do you have to remember to shut them off every time you park?

Doug, on my car the parking lights stay on but the headlights and foglights turn off.
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Even with all lights turned off, leaving an indicator selected leaves one side of sidelights on.
andyt
Actually, I believe that's for Euro-spec cars only. In US cars, depressing the turn indicator while the car is off results in ALL of the parking lights being lit.
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Hmm, I wonder if there's a VAG bit-flip that will change the behavior to all-lights-off with ignition. After 11 years of never having to touch the headlight switch, I'm afraid my first year of Audi ownership will be an endless run of drained battery strandings..
Well, there IS a warning tone that sounds if you shut off the car with the lights on..... ;-)
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Hmm, I wonder if there's a VAG bit-flip that will change the behavior to all-lights-off with ignition. After 11 years of never having to touch the headlight switch, I'm afraid my first year of Audi ownership will be an endless run of drained battery strandings..
Lol, how did you manage to pass your driving test, worry about other things.