New Timing Belt needed

Hi,
I shall soon need to replace my timing belt. Was wondering what sort of a price would I be looking at. I was shocked when the dealer said it would cost be nearly 2K dollars for the timing belt. The belt kit
retails at aroung 300$ in the internet and add to it say 4 hours of labour @ even 100$ per hour would cost me much less that what the dealers say.
I was also wondering what would be the other parts that I shall need to replace prventively for a 1999 A4 1.8T Quattro.
Thanks Vish

replace water pump, tensioners and probably thermostat. The reason to replace the water pump is that the odds are great that you will have to replace the WP before you have to do the TB again. Also failure of WP or tensioners can lead to failure of the TB so do it all at once. Theremostats are quite cheap so might as well replace it too.

had mine done last year 650..........this could be translated as $650 as 1 for 1 seems to be the exchange rate when comparing goods.......or $1200 is using the monetary method.
as ems stated I had all those bits replaced at the same time.
dj

ems = iws sorry