New (to me) Audi S8

Well, I was asking about Audi A6s, which I fully intended to lease or buy.
But then, I have been watching an S-8 gather dust on my dealer's lot for many months. After driving the new 2005 A6 in both engine configurations,
I decided to drive the S-8 again (I had driven it several months ago when the price was higher). I suggested that if I could get it for my price, I would buy it on the spot. Several hours of discussing this later, and I have a Silver 2002 S8 with 22,000 miles on it, in my garage.
This is a Certified Pre-owned, with a 6 year, 100,000 mile warranty.
Now I have a question. The Navigation system didn't have CD disc, and I'm wondering if the updated CD from the new A6/A8s can be used, even though there isn't a large screen in the S8.
In any event, coming out of my Mercedes S420, this is like driving a stealthy muscle car. And I love the lit white indicators on the red background at night.
So did you buy the 2002 S8 for the price of a 2005 a6? I love the S4; never drove an S8, but it must be great.

Basically, yes, depending on the real prices for the A6 versus the MSRP. But if MSRP runs from $45,000 to $55,000 for a new A6, my car slotted in with the Certified Pre-Owned warranty extension. Audi says my car went into service on 12/31/01 as an 02 model, so my factory warranty and "free"maintenance lasts until 12/31/05. My extended warranty then goes two more years to 12/31/ 07, so not quite as good as a new car. This one has Zender aftermarket 19 inch chromed wheels with Pilot tires (not so good for snow, good for dry weather) front and rear heated seats, ski bag, six CD stacker in dash (standard?) and so on. Silver over black.
It has buttons on the wheel for the tiptronic which is a bit like the F1 paddle method of driving, and the increased sized Brembo brakes, which I think your S4 has also. Of course the S8 weighs 4000 pounds despite the suspension and car being aluminum.
So far, it is a terrific car.

IMO it's not worth it. I had the 'directions only' system in my A6 and found myself flying blind many times. They just don't have enough data points on the CD. So when I ordered my S4 I didn't get the Nav package. I'm just going to have the Alpine system put in. Yeah, it's more $$, but I'd rather have a system that really works. Ken W.
Men are like a fine wine. They start out as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the crap out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with. - Dave Barry
Philly Hoodlum#32 '01 Yamaha VStar Custom '70 Norton Commando '98 A4 Avant '01 A6 27T '05 S4 Cab